Posted on July 3, 2020
Things to Look For Before You Choose a Commercial Roofing Company
Choosing a commercial roofing company may seem an overwhelming and daunting job. But then with the right group of ideas at your hand you are sure to come up with the best commercial roofing company. Following is a list of factors on whose basis you need to choose a commercial roofing company. property management vancouver wa
• Avoid signing up with a company that is not bonded. I say this because; a bonded company is bound to carry out the assigned job. I am saying this for your own good. To be more specific, if you aren’t satisfied with the work accomplished by the roofing company you can have them re-do the work all over again if the company you choose is a bonded one.
• Make sure you choose an experienced commercial roofing company and not that has just started off. Now, don’t get me wrong…I don’t want to demean the newly introduced roofing companies, but then if you go for the them, make sure that the contractors you are working with are well experienced.
• Don’t pay until the work assigned has been completed by the roofing company. Be careful, if fortunate then you will walk up with a fair deal but if unfortunate the company may rob you of your hard earned money.
• Make sure you find out whether the company you choose or intend to choose is a member of any national or local associations or not. This will further add to your confidence.
• If you are planning to hire the services of the sub contractors then make sure you get hold of the license number and name of the sub contractor with whom you will be working with.
• Find out from the roofing company who will be paying up for the losses in case any of your property gets damaged.
• Ensure that the company has its own permits. Don’t sign up with the company that asks you to pay for their permits.
• Find out how efficient the company is in managing customer complaints. If possible, try asking for a reference…both positive as well as negative. This will give you a greater idea about the company. Trying out this step is indeed important. Think for your own self…any body and every body can sound professional and pleasing over the phone, but you can know the company in true means only after you meet its representatives in person or involve in a face to face conversation with them.
• There’s no point ending up the meeting in a verbal communication. Instead you need to jot down everything that has been discussed in the meeting and get it signed with the commercial roofing company. Make sure to cross check everything and read the contract over and over again prior to signing it. Ensure checking that everything that has been discussed verbally has been included in the agreement.
• Last, but not the least make sure you have a witness by your side while you are signing the contract.